March 5, 2014
RLS Metro Breaking News - An Elizabeth firefighter was taken to the hospital for a smoke related injuries after a 3-alarm blaze that's believed to have broken out in the attic of a single family residential structure at 522 Union Ave around 1:30 this afternoon.
Students from The Nicholas Murray Butler School, which is in close proximity to fire, was to be evacuated and and sent home early as heavy smoke covered the neighborhood.
Firefighters gained control of the blaze shortly after 3 PM. The firefighter's injuries are considered non life threatening according to fire officials.